The American Swedish Historical Museum is thrilled to announce that we will fully reopen to visitors on Friday, July 3rd with our normal operating hours. Museums are spaces of enlightenment and sanctuary. They are places to reflect on history, learn about culture, and experience art. ASHM is grateful to provide such an institution while also valuing the safety of visitors, staff, and volunteers. For those reasons, the Museum is committed to being a community wellness partner and will be adhering to the following state and city policies:
- Staff and visitors are required to wear a face covering while in the building and maintain the standard 6 feet of physical distance.
- In specific compliance with the Philadelphia COVID-19 Phase Green Museum Policy, occupancy in each individual gallery will be limited to 10 visitors at a time.
- Due to the narrower dimensions of the gift shop, we will only invite individuals or members of a household into the space at a time to allow for a safer environment. This may mean a line will form to enter the shop and customers will be asked to wait in the Grand Hall of the Museum.
- Some galleries may have certain restrictions regarding hands-on learning components and the Pippi Longstocking room will be temporarily closed.
- New guidelines will be in place for use of library research materials.
- Staff will maintain a frequent cleaning schedule of commonly used surfaces.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and assistance during this time. Together, we can help stop the spread of COVID-19. Please be sure to check our website for the most up to date programming information.